A smile is one of the first things people notice, and while every smile is beautiful, some individuals might feel a bit self-conscious about certain aspects of theirs. One common concern is a gap between the front teeth, medically known as a ‘diastema’. If you’re among those looking to bridge that gap, you’re in luck! The world of cosmetic dentistry offers multiple effective solutions. Let’s explore the available options.
This is one of the quickest and most cost-effective methods to close a gap.
- How It Works: A tooth-colored resin material is applied to the teeth and then hardened with a special light. The dentist will shape and polish it to match the rest of your teeth.
- Duration: The process typically takes about 30 minutes to an hour per tooth.
If you’re looking for a complete smile makeover, veneers might be your best bet.
- How It Works: These are thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin that cover the front surface of your teeth. They not only close gaps but can also rectify discolored or misshapen teeth.
- Duration: It usually takes two appointments: one for preparation and impressions, and another for the application.
Orthodontics – Braces or Invisalign
For a more permanent solution that addresses the actual spacing of your teeth, orthodontics is the way to go.
- How It Works: Traditional braces or clear aligners like Invisalign gradually shift your teeth to eliminate gaps and correct other alignment issues.
- Duration: Treatment time varies based on the individual, but it can range from six months to a couple of years.
Dental Crowns or Caps
Ideal for larger gaps or where teeth are small compared to the gap.
- How It Works: A crown is placed over the existing tooth, extending its size or changing its shape to close or reduce the gap.
- Duration: This usually requires two visits: one for measuring and preparing the tooth, and another for crown placement.
Composite or Resin Filling
If the gap is due to a cavity or decay between the teeth, a filling might be the solution.
- How It Works: The dentist will clean out the decay and then fill the cavity with a tooth-colored composite or resin.
- Duration: This typically can be completed in one visit.
Trust Your Smile to A Cosmetic Dentist in Dallas
At Family Smiles Dental, we believe that everyone deserves a smile they are proud of. Whether your front tooth gap is a recent development or something you’ve considered addressing for a while, we’re here to guide you to the best solution that matches your needs and desires. Book a consultation with us, and let’s discuss the best way to enhance the beauty of your smile!
Posted on behalf of
Phone: (770) 505-4746
We are open 4 days each week, on alternating Mondays and Fridays.
Mon: 9AM - 5PM
TUE: 9AM - 5PM
WED: 9AM - 5PM
THUR: 9AM - 3PM
FRI: 9AM - 5PM