The constant evolution of dental technology frequently changes our perceptions of how to perform daily dental tasks. While, for the most part, the process of brushing teeth has remained the same, there is more to it than just brushing with a standard toothbrush. Here are some dentist-recommended techniques for the most efficient way to brush your teeth:
– Make sure to clean the outer and inner areas of the tooth, as well as the chewing surfaces.
– Hold your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gum line.
– Gently use small strokes to maneuver the brush.
– Brush at least twice a day for 2 minutes at a time.
– When cleaning the front teeth, angle the brush vertically.
– Treat your toothbrush with proper care to help it last.
– Follow up by cleaning your teeth with floss so that tooth decay doesn’t develop in areas that a toothbrush can’t reach.
– Maintain a healthy and balanced diet of the five food groups, with minimal snacking between meals.
– Receive an oral exam and professional cleaning from your dentist every six months.
To learn more about proper tooth brushing techniques and to schedule an appointment with our dentist in Dallas, Georgia, please call Family Smiles Dental at 770-505-4746 to speak with a member of our team. We look forward to scheduling your consultation with Dr. Hope Still soon!